Target document from 2023
- NMF shall contribute to and set high demands/expectations for the affiliated organizations individual work and development.
- NMF shall contribute to a good and efficient coordination of knowledge and experiences that are of common interest to the affiliated organizations.
- NMF will via a high level of social responsibility, coordinate a joint Nordic effort to improve areas in connection with pension and senior policy.
- NMF shall hold two constructive meetings a year where topics of a general nature are discussed.
- NMF shall, if necessary, arrange relevant conferences
- NMF will set up working groups that can take care of these objectives and marketing.
- NMF shall work to ensure that the framework conditions for shipping aim to contribute to the recruitment, creation and safeguarding of jobs for Nordic certified maritime personnel and the consequences of the green shift
- The NMF shall work to ensure that human safety is safeguarded in a responsible manner through the right expertise and the right manning.
External international work:
- NMF shall contribute to make affiliated organizations visible and profiled internationally both within sustainable energy and the environment, shipping, fisheries, onshore and offshore.
- NMF shall participate in relevant councils, tribunals and committees to safeguard members' professional and personal interests internationally.
Education and further education:
- NMF shall contribute to ensuring a high quality of education in the affiliated organizations countries beyond the minimum requirements of STCW/STCW-F.
- NMF shall contribute to ensuring a high quality and continuity of continuing education in the affiliated organizations countries.
- NMF shall contribute to increasing awareness of the members' competence requirements.
- NMF shall work to ensure the affiliated organizations members' opportunities for other higher education.
- NMF works to ensure that the affiliated organizations members' education is timely, technologically and sustainably correct so that their skills remain attractive onshore and offshore